Bourbon Bacon Baked Beans! Hickory smoked bacon, a nip of bourbon, brown sugar, and smoked paprika elevate this picnic standard to a new level! Prepare to take an empty dish home!
28 ounce can vegetarian baked beans
1/3 cup ketchup
1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 Tablespoons packed brown sugar
1/4 cup bourbon
4 thick slices hickory smoked bacon, cooked
1 small onion, diced
3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Chop the cooked bacon into small pieces.
- In a large bowl combine all of the ingredients.
- Pour into an 8×8 baking dish.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until hot and bubbling.
- I used a can of Bush’s Vegetarian Baked Beans. You can use your favorite brand!
- Make this dish vegetarian by omitting the bacon and Worcestershire sauce! Or, if you have a vegetarian brand of Worcestershire on hand, use that! Annie’s makes a good one!
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: bourbon bacon baked beans, baked beans, bacon, bourbon, bourbon and bacon, beans