Get ready to say Yum!! C’mon! Say it with me! On the count of three! 1. 2. 3!!! Yum!!! Oh, this Chipotle Lime Sauce! It is so easy to make I find myself making it pretty much every day! It’s creamy! It’s zingy! It’s smoky! And just a touch spicy! It’s just. Yum! A total game-changer when it comes to mealtime. This sauce elevates an everyday dish and makes it a showstopper! Jeff and I drizzle it on quesadillas, tacos, and scrambled eggs! We’re using it as a salad dressing! Chips and dip? This is the dip!
Chipotle Lime Sauce is simple to make!
Here’s how this is gonna go!
- Zest a lime!
- Juice the lime!
- Mince the garlic and chipotle chiles.
- Add to the blender with the rest of the ingredients. Reserve the cilantro! We’re gonna stir that in after the sauce is blended!
- Stir the chopped cilantro into the sauce.
- Boom! Done! Let’s eat!
We’re in.! We’re out! We’re done!
Let’s go outside and enjoy the sunshine! Summer is the season for a quick and easy sauce that is big on flavor! The key flavor factor to this Chipotle Lime sauce is, well, the chipotle peppers! If you are unfamiliar with chipotles, they are a smoke-dried jalapeno. You can buy them as dried whole peppers, ground into a powder, or as the canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce; we are using for this recipe. The adobo sauce the chiles are canned in is made from chile powder, vinegar, sugar, garlic, and herbs. The sauce and chiles pack a little bit of heat and smoky flavor into any dish they are added to. Since we only use two of the chipotles from the can, you’re probably wondering what to do with the rest of them! Transfer the chipotles and the sauce to a storage container and refrigerate. It will keep for several months!
Here are some ideas for using Chipotle Lime Sauce!
- Drizzle over quesadillas, tacos, and fajitas!
- Use as a burger topping! And if there happens to be a side situation of beer-battered onion rings or fries, this sauce is a must!
- Slather it on an ear of grilled corn instead of butter!
- Use as a dip for crunchy potato chips, pretzels, and tortilla chips!
- A plate of nachos loaded with melted gooey cheese will love to see a few spoonfuls dolloped on top!
- This will be your go-to dressing for a taco salad! Or any green salad!
I’ll be back tomorrow with a delicious recipe to pair with Chipotle Lime Sauce! I’m so excited I get to visit you twice this week! In the meantime, you can enjoy this sauce with my Vegetarian Chicken Nuggets If you enjoy this recipe, please, forward it to a friend! You can also rate and review it and leave a comment!
Elevate the everyday dish with this creamy, smoky, spicy Chipotle Lime Sauce! Delicious drizzled on tacos and fajitas! Use as a dip for tortilla or potato chips! Sqwiggle a bit over an omelet for a wow factor! Easy to assemble. Even easier to eat!
1/2 cup full-fat mayonnaise
1/2 cup full-fat sour cream
zest of one lime
2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
1/2 teaspoon granulated onion powder
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1 large clove of garlic, minced
2 canned chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, minced
1 teaspoon adobo sauce
2 Tablespoons finely minced cilantro
- To a large glass measuring cup, add the ingredients beginning with the mayo and ending with the adobo sauce.
- Using an immersion blender, mix on medium speed until well combined.
- Alternatively, place the ingredients into a small food processor or blender and blitz until combined.
- Stir in the chopped cilantro.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate.
- Prepared sauce keeps up to four days refrigerated.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Sauces
- Method: Blended
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: chipotle lime sauce, mexican, easy