Cozy Spiced Apple Cider! Fresh tangy apple cider infused with warming slices of fresh ginger, spicy cloves, cinnamon sticks, smoky peppercorns, and more! Enjoy it hot or cold!
4 cups apple cider
5–6 1/4-inch slices of ginger root
3 whole black peppercorns
3 whole cloves
2 cinnamon sticks
2 medium slices of orange
2 thin slices of lemon
- Place the ingredients into a medium pan.
- Cover with a lid. Bring to a low boil over medium-high heat on the stovetop.
- Remove the pan from the heat.
- Steep for one hour with the lid in place.
- Enjoy the cider hot or cold.
- Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- If you like spicy things like I do, add a few more slices of ginger!
- Enjoy the cider with a shot of bourbon or brandy!
- Cook your morning oats with the cider instead of water for a delightful fall breakfast!
- Boil down the cider in a saucepan until reduced in half, and it looks syrupy. Drizzle over waffles, pancakes, or french toast. Or, use the syrup in cocktails!
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: apple cider, spiced apple cider, fall hot drinks, hot drinks, fall drinks, apple drinks, non-alcoholic cider drinks