This lively Triple Berry & Ancho Chile Sangria is like no other! It’s fruity with a bit of warmth from the Ancho Chile Liqueur and just a hint of spice from a cinnamon stick. Plus, we added three types of berries. Our idea of the perfect way to fulfill a daily fruit serving!
750 ml bottle dry red wine (I used Grenache)
1/3 cup Ancho Chile Liqueur
Four slices of orange quartered ( I used a Cara Cara orange)
1 cup sliced strawberries
1/2 cup blackberries
1/4 cup blueberries
One cinnamon stick (about 3″)
Club soda, for topping glasses
- Place quartered orange slices, strawberries, blueberries and blackberries in a large glass pitcher.
- Place the cinnamon stick on top.
- Pour Ancho Chile Liqueur and red wine on top of the fruit.
- Using a bar spoon, or a long-handled stirring utensil combine the ingredients. Chill in the refrigerator for 6-8 hours.
- When ready to serve, give the sangria a quick stir and divide among four glasses and top each with a splash of club soda, if desired.
- Toast with your friends and enjoy!
- You can use any dry red wine that you like. We chose Grenache because it tends to be a bit fruitier. It has the perfect flavor profile for this sangria! No need to splurge on an expensive bottle of wine. Around the $10 price range will get you an excellent wine for this recipe!
- If storing the sangria for longer than 8 hours, you may want to use a pair of tongs and remove the cinnamon stick. I find the cinnamon flavor to be a bit overwhelming if left in the pitcher too long. If you don’t mind a more pronounced cinnamon flavor then no worries, leave it in!
- You can find the Ancho Chile Liqueur at well-stocked liquor agencies.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Chill Time: 6 hours
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Cocktail
- Method: Stir
- Cuisine: Spanish
- Serving Size: 1 glass
Keywords: triple berry and ancho chile sangria, pitcher drinks, cocktail