Triple Lemon Ice Cream! Rich and creamy homemade ice cream with layers of bright lemon flavor! Lemon zest infused sugar, and lemon extract creates the wow for the base! Chopped Sweet & Salty Lemon Squares mix in to give this lemony treat an extra punch of citrus flavor!
- Place the chopped lemon squares on a small parchment-lined tray. Freeze until the last step of the recipe.
For the Ice Cream:
- Put lemon zest and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer. Alternatively, use a handheld mixer. Mix on medium speed for 1-2 minutes. Doing this extracts the oils from the zest and infuses the sugar with its lemon flavor!
- Add in the salt, sour cream, and corn syrup. Mix until well combined.
- Pour into a medium-size saucepan. Whisk in the cream and milk.
- Place over medium heat for 3-5 minutes. Stir frequently. The ice cream base should just begin to steam, and the sugar will completely dissolve.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the extracts.
- Pour the base into a large bowl or 4-cup glass measuring cup.
- When the base is room temperature, refrigerate until completely cold.
- Churn the ice cream according to the manufacturer’s recommendation.
- At the end of the churning, mix in the frozen Sweet & Salty Lemon Squares.
- Transfer the ice cream to a freezer container.
- Freeze several hours or overnight
I’m not an affiliate for Penzey’s spices, but I use many of their spices and extracts! I will vouch for the quality of their products! Their lemon, almond, and vanilla extracts are out-of-this-world! They have the purest flavor of the many other brands I’ve tried! I highly recommend seeking them out!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Churned
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: triple lemon ice cream, ice cream, lemon ice cream, frozen lemon dessert