Have you heard? Sangria is one of the top food trends for summer 2019! Pure Wow says so! I’m on board with Sangria any season of any year! Especially this Watermelon Elderflower Sangria! It is fruity and floral from Pinot Grigio and Elderflower Liqueur and loaded with juicy watermelon and sweet strawberries. Topping the glasses with a bit of club soda creates a crisp, refreshing beverage perfect for a hot summer night! And bonus, it only takes a few minutes to assemble!
Can I double the recipe?
Absolutely! I highly encourage it! Once you and your friends try it, you won’t be able to stop at one glass! The recipe card below allows you to scale the recipe up if you want a larger quantity. So cool! Where it says SCALE click on x2 or x3 and the recipe card will automatically generate the measurements you need for each ingredient! You’re welcome!
We got a little fancy with the watermelon we added to the Watermelon Elderflower Sangria. We used a melon baller to create these sweet little nuggets of yum! If you want to cube the watermelon instead, that’s not an issue. The Sangria will still be delicious! While you are preparing the strawberries and watermelon for the Sangria, go ahead and prep some extra and put them on cookie trays lined with parchment paper. Pop the extra strawberries and watermelon into the freezer for a couple of hours till they are frozen. Voila! You have Beverly Hills ice cubes! That’s what we call them here in the Clark house! They’re great because they don’t water down your drink as a traditional ice cube does. Plus they are pretty! Who doesn’t love that?!
The sliced strawberries and watermelon we added to the white wine turned it this beautiful pink color! I’m so in love with it! Know what else I’m crushing on? St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur. It has a light floral flavor that is a lovely addition to this sangria as well as cocktails. Try adding a splash to a Gin & Tonic and you’ll never drink one without it again! You can find it in any well-stocked liquor agency.
What else should I serve with the Watermelon Elderflower Sangria?
- Triple Berry & Ancho Chile Sangria. If you would like the choice of a red and a white style sangria on the table.
- Sourdough Cornmeal & Thyme Crackers
- Greek Tuna & Bean Pasta Salad
- Rosemary & Thyme Focaccia
If you make this recipe leave a comment below! We would love to hear from you! If you would like to receive our newsletter you can subscribe at the bottom of the page. We create a couple of new recipes each week and we would love to share them with you! By subscribing to our newsletter you will receive the recipes automatically in your inbox!Print
Watermelon Elderflower Sangria is summer in a pitcher! Pinot Grigio, St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur, Watermelon, and Strawberries mingle and create a rose-colored pitcher of fun. Perfect for your next pool party!
1 750 ml bottle Pinot Grigio
1/2 cup St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur
1 and 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
2 cups seedless watermelon balls or cubes
2 sprigs mint (about 16 leaves total)
Club soda, for topping each glass
extra sliced strawberries and watermelon balls or cubes, for freezing, if desired.
- Place watermelon, strawberries and mint sprigs in a pitcher.
- Add the Elderflower Liqueur and the Pinot Grigio. Stir well with a bar spoon or a chopstick. Chill for at least 4 hours.
- If you are freezing extra fruit to use as ice cubes for the drink glasses, line a large cookie sheet with parchment and place fruit in an even layer. Place sheet tray in the freezer until fruit is frozen solid. This usually takes a couple of hours.
- If using frozen fruit as ice cubes for the drink glasses, place frozen fruit in the glasses.
- Divide Sangria among four glasses.
- Top each glass with a splash of club soda.
- Serve & enjoy!
- You can cube the watermelon if you don’t have a melon baller. I promise it will still be delish!
- You can make the sangria the day before you plan to serve it. Make it at least 4 hours in advance, so all the flavors have a chance to blend.
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Stir
- Cuisine: Spanish
Keywords: watermelon elderflower sangria, pitcher drinks, cocktail