Watermelon Elderflower Sangria is summer in a pitcher! Pinot Grigio, St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur, Watermelon, and Strawberries mingle and create a rose-colored pitcher of fun. Perfect for your next pool party!
1 750 ml bottle Pinot Grigio
1/2 cup St. Germain Elderflower Liqueur
1 and 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
2 cups seedless watermelon balls or cubes
2 sprigs mint (about 16 leaves total)
Club soda, for topping each glass
extra sliced strawberries and watermelon balls or cubes, for freezing, if desired.
- Place watermelon, strawberries and mint sprigs in a pitcher.
- Add the Elderflower Liqueur and the Pinot Grigio. Stir well with a bar spoon or a chopstick. Chill for at least 4 hours.
- If you are freezing extra fruit to use as ice cubes for the drink glasses, line a large cookie sheet with parchment and place fruit in an even layer. Place sheet tray in the freezer until fruit is frozen solid. This usually takes a couple of hours.
- If using frozen fruit as ice cubes for the drink glasses, place frozen fruit in the glasses.
- Divide Sangria among four glasses.
- Top each glass with a splash of club soda.
- Serve & enjoy!
- You can cube the watermelon if you don’t have a melon baller. I promise it will still be delish!
- You can make the sangria the day before you plan to serve it. Make it at least 4 hours in advance, so all the flavors have a chance to blend.
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Stir
- Cuisine: Spanish
Keywords: watermelon elderflower sangria, pitcher drinks, cocktail